Statement of Faith
Act Five exists as an ecumenical Christian organization and community. We recognize that we have different ways of expressing our Christian faith, but we agree with the Biblical truth of the Christian faith as articulated in the Apostles’ Creed.
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Furthermore, we agree to the following statements:
- We believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ over all of creation and all areas of life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God sent to redeem the world – including persons, places, systems and all that is broken. We love and trust him and with repentance and joy we embrace him as the Lord of life.
- We believe that the Bible is the word of God revealing Christ and his redemption and offering us a lens through which we might view all of life.
- We believe in the ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit, facilitating our sanctification and God’s redemptive work through the whole of creation.
- We believe that Creation is the other “book” in which God shows us who he is and how we might live a life with him. In this, we are called to serve and observe God’s creation.
- We believe in the unity of Christ’s body and affirm our participation in the one holy universal and apostolic church. Within this unity, we recognize the uniqueness of each person as those who bear the image of God.
- We believe God is on mission to bring creation to its intended full flourishing and calls us in community to join in this mission.
- We believe that our world belongs to God and that his will is to build his kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. We are called to engage and discern culture, understanding that lines between good and evil run through, and not around, people and institutions.