Considering applying to Act Five’s gap year program?
Great! Here is what you need to know:
- All applicants for Act Five 2024-2025 must have graduated from high school in 2022, 2023 or 2024.
- All applicants must be either a Canadian citizen or able to receive a VISA to come as an international student.
- Based on your application, students will have the option of taking Act Five courses for credit or not, with full participation required in both scenarios.
*If Act Five courses taken for credit, they are eligible to be counted as transfer credits at select universities and colleges.
- Apply online – Early Application Deadline is December 1st!
Submit your application online! A $50 Application Fee is applied after December 1st, 2023.
The application includes:
- Personal reference and an academic reference
- A short, personal statement of why you want to attend Act Five.
- Other simple questions to help determine your fit within the Act Five program.
- Send in your transcripts
Request and submit up-to-date and official transcripts from your high school(s). Transcripts need to come directly from the guidance office. These can be mailed or emailed to the following:
75 Blake St.
Hamilton, ON L8M 2S7
- Apply for Financial Aid
Act Five seeks to make its gap year program as accessible as possible, offering financial assistance to those who qualify – We do not want cost to be a barrier! Financial Aid applications are open and available HERE. Complete by March 31st, 2024 for first consideration.
Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview with the Act Five staff team.
Dates you need to know:
December 1st, 2023 – Early application deadline, for first consideration for a spot with Act Five.
February 15th, 2024 – Official application deadline.
*After this date, applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis as long as spots remain available.
March 31st, 2024 – Financial Aid application deadline.
*Limited funding remains beyond March 31st for later applicants to Act Five.